Mens HealthAn area I speciaize in is mens health particularly with regrd to fitness, reproductive, sexual and mental health and I would like to explain my therapeutic approach here so you may consider if it as avenue worth persuing as part of your health program.
Erectile Dysfunction (Impotence)
It is estimated that half of all men between the ages of 40 and 70 suffer from erectile dysfunction to some degree. This includes 5pc of 40-year-old men and 15pc-25pc of 65-year-old men who suffer the condition on a long term basis. If you have been examined and diagnosed with ED you may already know the underlying cause. It is always important to obtain a medical diagnosis because ED is also seen as a regular early warning sign of underlying medical issues, such as high blood pressure and heart disease.
Erectile dysfunction can be caused by a number of issues, including: hormonal imbalance, a restriction in the flow of blood to your penis, conditions affecting your nervous system, and psychological causes such as depression and anxiety as well as physical injury and trauma. While these are the physical causes, my approach is always to investigate the problem holistically, that is to say, putting it in context with your lifestyle, habits, diet and hydration as well as looking at the emotional and mental causes which in some cases go back many years. Virtually every disease has its roots in the emotional area of life and I have speicific therapies which target these. Also remember that by far the most common cause of ED is psychological and an examination of the possible contributing factors can often be the most useful way forward.
Central to my practice is the use of a computerized scanning technique which looks at the electrical properties of the skin and gives results such as deficiencies, hormone imbalances, allergies, trace element defficiencies and imbalances within the acupuncture mertidian pathways. This is not diagnostic in the conventional term but gives suggestions about the health areas that need to be put in focus to achieve change.
In terms of my natural approaches to erectile dysfunction there are numerous methods on offer:
- Acu-TENS (acupuncture without needles) which can also be used as a home treatment if you wish to purchase your own TENS unit or you may have one that is suitable, in which case I can instruct you how to use it for best advantage by showing you the acupuncture points that would be most useful.
- Homeopathy using the principle of 'like cures like'
- Biophysical therapies - include the use of relaxation frequencies applied to the body while you relax.
- Rife therapy - another form of biophysical treatment that uses electromagnetic frequencies emitted from a glass tube which is placed on the body.
- Aromatherapy massage - using oils that penetrate the skin and alleviate the deep emotional causes of ED.
- Hyperthermia (INDIBA) therapy - a different biophysical approach using radio frequency energy to raise the temperature of the tissues and stimulate blood & lymph flow.
ProstatitisThis is another very common problem that men suffer particularly in the 30-50 years age range. Prostatitis can cause a wide range of symptoms, which vary from man to man. Some common symptoms include:
discomfort, pain or aching in your testicles, or the area between your testicles and back passage (perineum), or the tip of your penis, discomfort, pain or aching in the lower part of your stomach area (lower abdomen), your groin or your back
needing to urinate frequently or urgently, pain or stinging during or after urinating, feeling as if you’re sitting on a golf ball
no desire for sex (lack of libido).
I often see men who having been diagnosed by their doctor have an ongoing problem and while I would always encourage you to continue any medical treatment prescribed for you by your GP or specialist, some of my holistic apporaches may well compliment your treatment and give you immune system the edge when it comes to eradicating this disease, after all it is your body that has to do the work at the end of the day so lets give it the best chance of success.
Some therapies that may help:
- Hyperthermia (Indiba) therapy: Applied over the pubic area to improve blood flow and lympatic drainage.
- Rife frequencies: set to destory the bacterial causes. the frequencies can be directed directly to the prostate by aiming the emitter over the pubic area. The frequencies can also be 'beamed' using non-thermal laser light.
- Homeopathic remedies to stimulate the healing response